First Baptist Church of Bosque Farms
Our church is in search of a dynamic Student Pastor to lead our growing student and children’s ministry full time. The ideal candidate will work well with existing teams, and will connect well with youth, children and their parents. We desire an outreach oriented student pastor, who can bring life giving messages in a creative and fun environment.
We are looking for a strong communicator, with high character with an obvious passion for and a growing deep relationship with Christ. A commitment to reaching the unchurched as well as challenging youth to grow in their relationship with Christ is crucial. The primary focus of youth ministry at FBCBF should be concentrated on discipleship with a blend of activities and events with the emphasis being focused on but not limited to middle school and high school students. The student pastor would communicate clearly with all staff and in accord with, and accountable to, the Senior Pastor.
Ministry responsibilities include but are not limited to: ensuring the weekly planning and conducting of youth activities/events/programs, including a weekly youth worship service on Wednesday nights and Sunday School on Sunday mornings. The Student Pastor, as a valuable member of the staff, will also contribute to the programs and plans for the entire church family. He will be expected to support the regular services of the church and encourage the youth to do likewise. He would also assist in leading the Children’s ministry program by working with the current team to find appropriate curriculum, organize events, etc.
The following is the job description for this position:
First Baptist Church of Bosque Farms
The Student Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle school and high school students (grades 6 through 12) as well as the children’s ministry (grades kindergarten - 5th). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events as indicated. Several areas below overlap but are separated for clarification.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of volunteers in the operation of youth and children’s ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers for youth and children’s ministry as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Educate, encourage and facilitate youth to participate in evangelical and missional outreach locally with peers and community and worldwide.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate and engaging services for youth
- Plan and research curriculum for the children’s ministry
- Plan and youth summer camp
- Create and manage a youth and children’s ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic youth and children’s parent meetings in order to engage and update families of youth and children attending FBCBF.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for youth and children’s ministries and manage spending this budget.
- Be an active presence in local high schools scheduling periodic visits to interact with students at school
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as related to the needs of the students .
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and assist with church wide events.
- FBCBF membership and faithful church attendance
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to spiritual growth by spending regular time with the Lord
- Participating in a FBCBF Community Group on a regular basis
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a pastoral staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. The ideal candidate will have Christian professional experience, and be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God, and the ability to lead and delegate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student and children’s programs and special events is a plus.
Position Structure and Level
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Category: Regular Full-Time
Staff Designation: Pastoral Staff
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary: Variable depending on experience, education, and ability
• Two (2) weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) per year plus holidays
• Retirement Investment Plan
If interested please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without all three of the following components will not be considered.
2. Recent Photo
3. VIDEO Teaching sample (file or link)
**Please do not contact the church. We will follow up with qualified individuals.